Grilled Portobello Mushroom
Stuffed with Spinach, Parmesan, and Mozzarella Cheese
The versatility of the Grilled Portobello Mushroom is limited only by one’s imagination. Trust me! Portobello Mushrooms are a good meat alternative in just about any recipe. I really appreciate that Grilled Portobello Mushrooms just look downright delicious and even kind of exotic sizzling on the grill. Taste? Not to disappoint! It seems they never fail to get the attention of even the most devout of meat eaters - who have to admit your Grilled Portobello Mushrooms looks darn good! Take these to your next BBQ or get together and you may end up actually feeling sorry for the poor carnivores who had to settle for a hot dog or hamburger. Tisk! Tisk!
Variations / Options
Add ½ cup of cooked lentils to the mixture.
- • 4 large portobello mushroom caps, stems and gills removed
• 1 tablespoon reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
• 1 egg
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1 (10 ounce) bag fresh spinach, chopped
• 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
• 4 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs, divided
• Salt and ground black pepper to taste